Our Mission Statement
Woonona Football Club, a family and community oriented club founded in 1889,
is committed to:
• Providing a sporting outlet for members that will allow them to participate in football (soccer) competitions commensurate with their skill level.
• Fostering, developing, promoting and encouraging the game of football to provide opportunities for members to develop their level of skill.
• Promoting friendship and positive social interaction within the membership of the club and the wider community.
Woonona Football Club will continue in its expansion and development of its facilities, while continuing the promotion of football in the area and providing the highest quality development for all players, officials and volunteers.
Woonona Football Club will remain a “leader” in the football community, with a growing reputation for excellent coach and player development and effective club administration. Football will be coached, played and supported in accordance with the spirit of the game, represented by fair play and sportsmanship. Coaches will be supported to create and maintain a positive learning environment during training and games, demonstrated by an educational focus, “composed” player instruction and an emphasis on participation.
Success will be measured through resulting improvements in football performance, not just game outcomes.
• Respect for teammates, opposition players, coaches, officials, committee and spectators;
• Fair Play according to the rules and spirit of sportsmanship;
• Education for coaches, players and administrators in a supportive team environment;
• A culture of mature, responsible behaviour at all levels.
Woonona Football Club is to promote a respectful, safe and responsible culture, an inclusive and accountable place for individuals and families to attend.
Football should be coached, played and supported at all levels of Woonona Football Club in a way which accords with the spirit of the game, encourages the broadest possible community and family participation, and embraces all who wish to be involved in a positive and encouraging environment.
Developmental aims and principles should take preference over competitive influences in relation to coaching and planning policies.